Apple Siri Guide
Apple Siri is an interactive feature available on iPhone 4S and later. It allows you to use your device’s voice recognition ability to navigate your phone without the use of your hands. Siri has a wide range of functions; she can call your contacts, find locations using the Maps feature, look up information on Google, and more. This Apple Siri guide will give you a bit of information on how to use this feature and what exactly you can do with it.
How to use Apple Siri
Using Apple Siri is very straight forward. It takes only a few steps and understanding what Siri can do before you will be able to use it freely and whenever you want.
1. Enabling Apple Siri
The first step is to enable it, which involves going to Settings > General > Siri and switching it on.
2. Hold down the Home button for a few seconds
This turns Siri on and allows you to use voice commands. There should be a beeping sound and then you will be on the Siri voice command page.
3. How to command Siri
- If you would like to call someone, you can say, “Call [contact name]” or “Call [phone number]”. You can also use Siri to call your voicemail by saying, “Call voicemail”.
- If you would like to get directions, you can say, “Find [address name]” and Siri will give you the option to open the Maps app with the directions to your destination.
- If you would like to look something up, you can say, “What is _____?” and Siri will give you the option to open the Safari app with information.
- If you would like to use Siri to send an email or a message, simply say, “Email/message [recipient’s name]”.
- If you would like to use Siri to open other apps, simply say, “Open [app name]”.
As you can see, Apple Siri is a very accessible and versatile tool that makes using your iPhone easier.
Complete Apple siri guide: tips, tricks and tutorials on iPhone and iPad. Everything you need to know about setting up and using Siri. Our guide to Siri explains how to use Siri, details all the Siri features and Siri commands.